Thursday 10 April 2014

10th April 2014 Lillington Loop 11

Out with the Emergency Services Cycling Club today. Unfortunately, time is very limited so will meet them at Graham's house and ride with them for a short time before breaking off and continuing with house clearance/cleaning ready for the house sale. Pity to miss it as well as Graham has organised a run down to Bidford on Avon bakery where they do delicious lardy cake. Sigh!


Caption Competition! 

This is Di, fed up with the blokes talking blokey stuff, sitting on the opposite side of the road to Graham's, watching the world go by. What is she thinking do you reckon.


E.S.C.C.

A bit depleted this week unfortunately, such a nice day as well. From the left, Roger, Andy (the leg warmers came off later), Graham (brave enough to wear shorts) and Di.


Guide dogs for the Blind

This association is a charitable organisation which trains dogs to give independence and freedom to thousands of blind and partially sighted people. Set up in 1934, there are four training centres in the UK, one of them is in Leamington Spa. This does mean that the training of these dogs is a very familiar sight on the streets of Leamington. Here is one being trained. I should have asked really, is the handler being trained as well with the two observers standing by. A very worthwhile cause. Well done to all the trainers and volunteers across the country who support this charity.


After leaving Leamington the group set off into the south west going past Leek Wootton where I dropped off. Just under 11miles today, a chilly wind at times but the sunny spells made up for that.

1 comment:

  1. HI there,
    My name is Cherrie Wu. I am the trainer in this picture, thanks for taking this picture for me and the dog Laurie.

    Just a little background about me, I am originally from Hong Kong, and I actually work for a charity called Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association. The association is the first charity that provide guide dogs service in Hong Kong, and it hass only established 4 years ago, we are hoping to provide guide dogs service to the visually impaired people in Hong Kong. That's why they've sent me over here to Leamington to received my training, so that we can provide this service when I finish my training and go back to Hong Kong.

    It was nice to meet you!

    All the best,

    Cherrie Wu

    ReplyDelete