Friday 15 November 2013

15th November 2013 Balsall Common Bash

A ride out with Mick today. I think this is the first time since we went out on the 'Boris Bikes' that we have managed to get a ride in. The plan today is to meet on the Coventry side of Kenilworth and via the Greenway, head to Balsall Common and the La Delicia bakery and cafe.


View from the window

A cold old morning with a touch of frost about so plenty of layers on. Still searching for vibrant autumn colours in the trees but no luck again. Fairly straightforward to Balsall Common where we docked at the La Delicia cafe in the centre of the village. Tea and toast was the order of the day, nice fresh chunky bread, to be recommended. The photo is from the cafe window and shows the Police Office over the road.  Last time I was here, I sat outside and noticed that the office was open. My granddaughter, who works in a West Midland Police Control Room, had contacted me to tell me she was at work that morning. I responded by sending her a picture of a cup of tea and a doughnut with my bike in the background. Cruel I know. When I finished, I went over to the Police Office and spoke to a couple of elderly civilian volunteers who were working in there. I tried to get them to send a message to Katie to tell her than an elderly gentleman, purporting to be her granddad, had been into the office causing trouble. She would have appreciated that I know. Unfortunately, the volunteers were not on the same humour wavelength as us, and either did not know how to do that, or were not willing, so I had to backdown gracefully and slowly back out of the place. Never mind, the thought was there.


18 miles today. Good to catch up with Mick and chat about possible ventures for next spring and summer. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment