Wednesday 27 March 2013

27th March Leamington Loop

Weather a bit better today. Decided to use 'STRAVA' an app for the iphone that records all details of your ride. It also gives progress and improvements, (or not) on previous trips. Thought I would lay a benchmark today on one of my favourite rides, a loop around Newbold Comyn from home.

St John's Church Leamington

St John the Baptist Parish Church was built towards the latter part of the 19th Century and was first used in 1878. This view of the church is from the upper part of Hitchman Road. I used to live in one of the houses half way down on the right hand side. It was a relief to move after 6 months, we were convinced it was haunted.


Sculpture? Pump Room Gardens

At least I think its a sculpture. It has been put in a communal area to 'bring people together' so that they can meet and talk. Judging by the state of it, I wouldn't let my dog in there (If I had one that is).


14miles in total. Impressed with the Strava application, gives a wealth of information. Wasn't too cold either, despite the easterly wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment