Sunday 16 December 2012

16th December 2012

Haven't been out for a couple of days with the atrocious weather but todays seems to be starting OK. Blue sky, no wind and a decent rise in temperature. Family members have been suggesting places to go, with the bike I hasten to add, so today seems a good opportunity to have a go at these 'challenges'.


Brookhurst Primary School Leamington
My granddaughter's husband Mark suggested this location. The school must have a problem with parking so have erected these bollards to stop cars going on the pavement. There are more scattered round the school entrance. Coming across them for the first time they do seem a bit weird until you get up close and see what they really are. Best to do this one on a Sunday, out of the way of the school run.


Parade Leamington Spa
On the run up to Christmas the town centre in Leamington closes so that market traders can make more money. Sorry, I mean bring a festive air to the town and enable the local community to gather together in the holiday spirit. I went through about 11 o'clock and there did not seem to be too many people about.


Santa Mark l

My daughter Jacqueline suggested that I should try and get Santa in one of my photos. Another 'challenge'. That was the reason for going to the street market hoping to see the old chap and failed. Settled in then to a normal ride from the town centre, through Newbold Comyn and back through Warwick via the Myton Road. I normally use the cycle track that runs from Macdonalds to the Myton Road and half way down there, there he was striding towards me. I had to stop and ask him to help me. He explained that he would and he apologised for being totally worn out. (My words, not his) I asked if he had been up all night and he explained that he had been doing a 'Santa Dash, for Myton Hospice, a local charity. He put his beard back on and obliged by holding my bike. His parting shot was I should see some more if I carried on along the Myton Road.


Santa Mark ll

And there were! These young ladies had run 5 km in their suits raising money and I think they would have been grateful for a sleigh to take them home. The one second from the left had broken her beard and had to hold it in place. 


Santa Mark lll

And there was more! This was getting silly. No more please. All were very helpful, despite being shattered and thank you all for helping me with my blog.


Another good day. About 13 miles in all in reasonable weather and ended up with a surprising result. Not one Santa but hundreds. If I had realised it was on, a picture at the start of the race would have been brilliant. Note to diary. Watch out for this next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment