Tuesday 27 August 2019

Out with the Old Gits with an empty wallet! 25



 Expensive because I have a birthday around the corner.  It is a club tradition that on or near a member's birthday then he is 'in the chair' and buys teas for those on the ride. With my birthday coming up in a couple of day's time, I am the man.


Before leaving home this morning I e-mailed Caffles Garden Centre to still them I was in the chair otherwise the first riders turning up would be paying.  Unbeknown to me, Caffles had come up with a greetings board telling the others not to pay.  It wasn't too bad a day today, just 15 Old Gits out, sometimes it has been over 20.  Ouch.

29b61148-5c30-4125-ab2e-ad71fc1c32d2

Back to the ride, Not a bad day weatherwise, just a few spots of rain, quite humid, and we did the original route to Banwell, Winscombe Sandford to Caffles. Covered a fraction over 25 miles.  In case you are wondering, I have morphed from seventy few to seventy several!

No comments:

Post a Comment