Thursday 7 March 2013

7th March 2013 Leamington Lollop

Not much of a blog today. Rained most of the day which prevented a friend and I from going out on our motorbikes to the Cotswolds. The plans I had to stay in and do some 'office' work went out of the window when the rain eased off and out came the bike and the waterproofs.  I had a plan today for an unusual picture!
Manor House Leamington

This building is in Avenue Road and was formerly the Manor House Hotel, one of the more prestigious hotels in the town. It has now been converted to flats. The first tennis club in the world was formed here, in 1872, by a Major Henry Gem and Augurio Pereira who played in the gardens behind the hotel. The modern rules of tennis were drawn up later, in 1874, at the Leamington Tennis Club.


From here, I went to the White Horse pub at the top end of Leamington to get a picture of a life size statue of a horse. This was to be the focus of my trip today. When I got there, the place was closed! Still, another 10 miles, albeit soggy ones, to my running total.

No comments:

Post a Comment