Thursday 31 January 2013

31st January 2013 Walton Hall

A good work out today. Unfortunately only one photo. I was riding with a friend Graham who has been a serious cyclist all of his life.  He takes me on much longer runs than is normal for me and there is less opportunity to stop and take photographs. Just the one today.

Walton Hall River Bridge

Riding through Wellesbourne, turned right off the Kineton Road into Walton Hall. This has been on a blog before so has been photographed. This shot taken on the river bridge as you leave the estate towards Loxley.  This does not show how strong the wind was blustering!


Just before this was taken, I had a puncture in the back wheel. I always carry a spare tube so that wasn't a real problem. The cause was a tiny piece of glass.  My friend Graham did the dirty work, and it was dirty because I had given the chain a good oiling before I left home.  Thank you Graham.  It was later that I realised that I had missed a brilliant opportunity to get a picture for this blog. Graham at the side of the road, on the grass verge,  seeing to my misfortune. Never mind, next time !!  A good spin today, 30 miles, which takes my total for the month to 270, the best so far since starting this silly game!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna look into a route the other side of the Severn bridge for when we tackle it in the spring/summer. Park up at aust services and over to Monmouth. Sounds exciting.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete