Saturday 24 November 2012

24th November 2012

What a disappointment! After all the recent rain I thought it may well be worth a visit to the two fords near where I live to get some dramatic pictures. Although there was a frost on the ground, wrapped up warm, long johns under cycling bottoms, and went for it. The first port of call was the ford in Rouncil Lane. Nothing. Not even a trickle across the road. Hey ho. Lets go to the bigger, more photogenic one by Kenilworth Castle. Heading back down Rouncil Lane it became obvious that my thinnish gloves were not up to the job of keeping my fingers warm. They were frozen!  Reasoning that if one ford was 'dry' so may the other one be; instant decision, go home. A lot more rain is forecast over the next couple of days so watch this space. If there are no more entries, I have been swept away. Please alert the Coast Guard on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment